Are you covered with a recommended facemask?
Reusable and medical grade face masks are suddenly in short supply in Australia – but Mediscrubs still have viable options online suit a range of tastes and budgets.
If you are leaving home you should wear a face mask such as a cloth mask or surgical mask if it is difficult to keep 1.5 metres apart from others.
- Wearing a face mask protects you and your community by providing an additional physical barrier to coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Keeping 1.5 metres between yourself and others and washing your hands are still the best defences against coronavirus (COVID-19).
- There are two types of face masks suitable for community use: cloth masks and surgical masks.
Growing health concerns surrounding the worldwide pandemic have generated a renewed interest in the ways we stay safe and protected. Healthcare professionals and everyday people from all walks of life are not only wearing masks, but are also now wearing gloves to protect themselves.
Overseas we are seeing more countries implementing laws that make it obligatory to wear masks. Mandatory regulations surrounding Face Masks are now being enforced in some parts of Australia too as we see an increase in COVID19 infections due to the perceived second wave. Victoria’s Premier Daniel Andrews announced that masks would be mandatory in Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire last week.
Mr Andrews says the new rule is “commonsense”, “relatively simple” and about “embedding behaviour” to bring COVID-19 case numbers down.
“We’re going to be wearing masks in Victoria and potentially in other parts of the country for a very long time,” he warns.
Why should I wear a face mask?
- Face masks are now either required or recommended in Victoria (depending on where you live) because of the higher rates of community transmission of coronavirus there. See the Victorian government’s advice on masks.
- People in NSW should consider wearing a face mask in situations where physical distancing is not possible.
- From 11.59pm on Wednesday 22 July, residents in Metropolitan Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire will be required to wear face coverings in public.
- Fines and even prison time may apply for anyone caught not wearing a Facemask in public places
Wearing a mask can help protect you and those around you if you are in an area with community transmission, and physical distancing is not possible, like on public transport.
It is more important now that you protect yourself and follow recommended guidelines and safety regulations for yourself, your family and your community. As always, you should continue to wash hands regularly and maintain the recommended 1.5m social distancing rule.
The growing need for Masks and other protective gear is paramount as the novel-coronavirus-2019 continues to spread throughout our community. With this in mind, we have an offer for you.
Where to get your face mask?
Get your CE approved Facemasks, Gloves and Antimicrobial Scrubs at Mediscrubs
We would like to offer a FREE box of 100 Latex Gloves with every 50x piece Box of KN95 Face Masks purchased and get FREE SHIPPING
This way you are giving yourself the much needed protection you deserve, and helping to protect your community.
Stay clean, stay safe, stay protected.
From the Mediscrubs Team
For more information on facemasks visit: DHHS.vic
For further information on Facemask and COVID19 visit: World Health Organisation