Progressive Medical Uniform Supplier Mediscrubs introduces new fabrics to our scrub lines
Whilst the apparel sector overall seems to be a firm and static domain, the way Mediscrubs looks and behaves has been undergoing a great deal of flux and experimentation in recent years, urged on by a wide range of driving forces. One such driving force for change is the ever-evolving way health professionals perform their duties in hospitals, veterinary clinics and aged care facilities. For Mediscrubs this drive has opened up possibilities for our design and manufacturing teams to explore new, creative and innovative ways to improve our core products in ways that will help healthcare professional do their job better.
One such direction was for us to create our own unique line of medical scrubs for style-conscious nursing and health care professionals who don’t want to give up style for comfort. We wanted to create an authentic and effective range of scrub sets that you would be happy to wear anywhere outside of the workplace without feeling like you’re in your frumpy old work apparel.
Our newest scrubs and uniforms have been designed in collaboration with our customers to incorporate the latest fashion look using the best fabric combination of cotton/polyester/ spandex fabric blend that boasts:
1. Four-way stretch
5. Fade resistant
We have chosen this special blend because of its strength and comfort. Here’s here’s the breakdown of what it collectively has to offer:
- Breathable: This natural fibre, lets your skin breathe. It also absorbs moisture to keep your body temperature stable.
- Soft, but strong: The fibres are less abrasive than polyester, so it feels super soft on your skin. That being said, some cotton fabric is designed to be strong and rough, like heavy duty cotton canvas. It all depends on the weave and the finish.
- Great for sensitive skin: Because it is so much softer, those with sensitive skin tolerate 100% cotton better than polyester. With organic products becoming increasingly popular, you can find cotton fabric made with very little chemical processing.
- Easy to dye: The fibres hold dye incredibly well. It also tends to dye evenly and produce a truer, deeper colour. However, with excessive exposure to sunlight and time (decades), the dye will eventually fade. Also, cotton will shrink with the first washing and drying.
- Long lasting: Polyester is a man-made fibre. It’s very resilient and can withstand a good deal of wear and tear. It’s basically plastic. In fact, plastic bottles can be recycled into polyester fabric. Polyester is not compostable, meaning it doesn’t break down well in soil. Think about this in a landfill.
- Less fading: Polyester holds dye well to prevent fading and doesn’t produce as “rich” of a colour as cotton. High-quality polyester holds its shape well and doesn’t shrink.
- Dries quickly: Unlike cotton, polyester isn’t absorbent. It’s definitely not your go-to for towels. However, it dries super-fast. So, if you want to reduce that electricity bill, you might want to sew polyester clothing.
- Less wrinkling: It’s more resistant to wrinkles than cotton. This is great for anyone who dreads ironing.
- Non breathing: Polyester doesn’t let your skin breathe like cotton. For instance, if you wear a polyester shirt in the summer, you might find yourself pretty sweaty. That being said, there are many performance wear polyester products specifically engineered to wick sweat away from your body, but it really only works if the fabric is skin tight.
Our chosen blend of Cotton/Poly/Spandex Mix is best for these reasons:
This fabric blend is the best all both worlds. We have taken the best qualities of cotton and polyester and woven them together to make one heck of a fabric. This blend is great and one of the best around.
Why do business with us?
Mediscrubs are an apparel company that is dedicated to supplying scrubs, lab coats and corporate workwear to health professionals. When it comes to your uniform needs, we can handle the entire process from order to delivery. Should you require, we will organise unique bundled packages to suit your business or, our team can come to your workplace where you can try before you buy or order direct via our online store. Mediscrubs can implement complex uniform programs simply and efficiently without the hassle or delay. From our fabulous sales team and visual designers to our marketing masters and business managers – all employees at Mediscrubs share the same vision and drive, and we are all here for you and your business.